Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A desk

Subbing for teachers is my job. I have been enjoying it a lot. I come in to the room, sit at a desk, and as students come in, I teach. But the thing is, it's not my classroom or desk. The teachers have pictures displayed on their desk. And what are the pictures of? You guessed it. Happy families, smiling babies, and children galore. It's happened at most desks and it pains me every time I see these pictures. No I don't know them and it's normal for women to have these on their desks. But that damn word comes back to haunt me: unfair....

1 comment:

  1. That must be extra hard on you right now to see these other teachers' family photos BUT try to keep in mind that you don't know their story. My brother and sister in law have some very wealthy and elegant friends with three kids. They are happy and healthy and loving life. No one would know that over 20 years ago they buried their firstborn son at 8 months old, who was born with a congenital heart defect. Love to you. xox Ania

    ReplyDelete