Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Wow, it's already thanksgiving. Time is flying. The holidays are here. I don't feel like I have much to be thankful for this year. What was the best year of my life has become the absolute worst. Jack was supposed to be here spending his first thanksgiving with his family. There was an outfit I had my eye on that I wanted him to wear. I was so excited to be his mother and to have him with us during the holiday season. I can't believe he's gone.

I am thankful for the friends and family who were amazing when tragedy struck.
I am thankful for the friends and family who are still sticking by us. Even after 52 days, you're still checking in, you're still supportive, and you know that I haven't moved on and still need your kind words. Thank you.
I am thankful for my husband. Without Sean I would be completely lost instead of just lost. He has been my rock and without him, I would probably be dead in all honesty. I love you, Sean.
I am thankful for the months that I carried Jack. I have never been as happy as I was then and that feeling was amazing.
I am thankful for the moment that I was able to see and meet my sleeping son. I will never forget how beautiful he was and how much he impacted our lives.

I miss you, Jack. I wish you were here with us.

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you all day long.. If you want company call me up, Im pretty much done with everything. I love you. Im here if you need me.
    love c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not 'even after' 52 days, 'after only' 52 days. It's ONLY DAYS, weeks, since you lost your son. We are here with you for the long haul. xox Ania

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I am thankful to you, a special friend and thank you for sharing everything....sending you love,Christine

    ReplyDelete