Thursday, May 2, 2013

He could be your son!

The baby I watch is blonde and blue eyed thanks to his dad. And thanks to my genes, so am I. I love watching him during the day. His mother is like a sister to me so he is like a nephew to me. And I am thrilled that he and Sam will grow up together. So I post pictures of them together or all three of us together. Big mistake? Maybe. Because I get comments that he looks like he could be my son or that he and Sam could be brother and sister. Ok I get it. The blonde and blue eyes is the thing we have in common but do you know what I want to say in response to those comments? No, my son is dead. Or no that is not her brother, he's in heaven and being her guardian angel. But I can't muster the courage to say those things in response. Or anything at all for that matter. I'm getting used to it. People are trying to be sweet but they're naive and don't get it. Because it still hurts a lot . And those comments sting!! Samantha's brother, my son, is not here. And we miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment