Thursday, January 3, 2013

The New Year Begins

Time is flying. My daughter is almost 5 months old. I can not believe it. Before we know it, we will be celebrating her first birthday. I can't wait for all those memories to share with her and to watch her grow, but it also makes me sad that it's going by so fast. I want to make sure to cherish every moment. As the time goes by, Jack's loss gets further and further away. I feel like I am on a very long road of life and I keep looking back and Jack's face seems further back. I still think of him everyday and I still cry about how much I miss him. But as the time goes by, I can't believe that it's been over a year. Before we know it, it will be ten years. I know the pain will still be there and it will never go away, even when it's been 20 years. It's scary to think that time is passing and he's not coming along for the ride. Instead, he's being left behind. He won't get to be there for Samantha's firsts. He won't get to teach her things and be a big brother like he should be. I wish I could see them play together, see them fight, see them hug, and listen to them laugh together. I miss Jack a lot. And the heartache is strong today....

No comments:

Post a Comment