Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Shower with a chance of thunder and lightening

Ohhhh, baby showers. I used to love them. I used to think they were so cute and they made me so happy. My baby shower for Jack was something I was so excited about, it made me so happy, and I was thrilled to finally celebrate MY pregnancy and MY baby. But then my world came crashing down and I lost the baby I was so excited to celebrate. And I had a bunch of gifts in an empty room.
Now baby showers just scare me. But this is the one feeling I AM trying to get over. Girls (and guys) should celebrate their pregnancy and be happy for themselves. And of course get lots of gifts. I want to be able to celebrate my friends' pregnancies and take part in the event. I want to be able to plan showers for my friends that were there for mine. I want to help them be excited that they are about to experience the most amazing thing in the world: motherhood. Of course the fear strikes. What if? And that fear will always be there, but happiness has to be there too. And to me, baby showers used to do that. Sure I may not go to every baby shower I'm invited to. I may not go to every shower of people that I am not very close to so I don't have to put myself through possible misery. Especially if it's for a boy. But I want to be able to celebrate friends' babies. And the memories I have of Jack from my baby shower were only good ones. I was so happy. I was so in love with him. And I need to embrace those memories. Jack, just know that no one will ever replace you and no matter what I do, whether it's a smile or a laugh or an "oh and ah" at a baby shower, you are the one who will be on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment