Monday, April 15, 2013

Mama Memories



I remember how close my mother and I were. After church on Sundays, she and I would go shopping together while my father and my sister went home. That was something we did together. I remember being able to talk to my mother about things from everything about boys to friends to family. I remember my mother trusting me to always be honest with her no matter what the case was. If I was going out to a bar or to a party, my mother knew where I was. She trusted me. Sure there were things she didn't let me do like go to certain clubs. I hated her for that back then, but now I only remember how fair she was to me. I remember giving her attitude and such a hard time for certain things. I was the typical teenage girl with the worst attitude who thought they deserved so much more. I remember her going out of her way to make sure that I would be able to go to the University of Miami because that is what I wanted and what would make me happy. I remember how my cousins would be jealous because my mom actually had good style and would buy the cool clothes. I remember that even when I moved down to Miami, I would call and just gossip with my mom about everything.

I miss my mother. I miss talking to her and getting advice from her. I wish so badly that she could be the one I could call about Samantha advice or to babysit. I wish she could have been there to hold and hug me after we lost Jack. I needed her so badly. And I still do.

I miss you, Mamo.

No comments:

Post a Comment