Monday, January 27, 2014

Butterfly

It's not a secret that my "symbol" for Jack is a butterfly. When I
see one outside, I automatically think of him. When one flutters around
Samantha, I think that Jack is checking in on his sister. Driving down
the street and if one floats by, I think that my son is saying hello
and letting me know he's there. Butterflies hang in Samantha's room over
her crib. Every night, I point to them and she says "bah byes".


And now, even watching an episode of Sesame Street, Samantha's favorite
character makes a butterfly friend and sings a touching song that of
course brings tears to my eyes. Any time we watch the episode and the
song comes on, all I can do is stare at Jack's picture. As Samantha
watches intently or as she plays on the floor in front of the
television, I am staring at Jack's picture crying to a song sung by
Elmo. Funny and weird as it may seem, it's those little moments that
touch my heart and make me think of my son. I love you, Jack. And I miss
you.

No comments:

Post a Comment