Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Boxes of Memories

I needed a picture of Jack's footprints. So I went through his boxes in Samantha's closet. Memories, emotions, heart ache, and tears rushed in. The first box I opened contained all the cards we received from all our loved ones. The next box contained all the onesies that were made at my baby shower. There was the box that contained his baby book. Sadly, that stops at the ultrasound pictures. Then I opened the box where his footprints are. Along with his amazing footprints were so many more beautiful and emotional memories. His hospital bracelet is in there. The blanket he was wrapped in is in there. The onesie and his hat that he wore are in there. I can't hold him. I can't squeeze him tight. Instead I can only hold onto these keepsakes and smell them and imagine him in them. I can only keep these objects in boxes forever and remember my Jack Jack as the most beautiful baby in the world. I can only pull these memories out every now and then when I need to remember my baby boy and his amazing impact he has had on our lives. I hate that I don't have Jack in my life. I cringe at the pain and the thought. But I am glad I have my little keepsakes to hold onto so that I have a little part of him. 
I love and miss you, my prince.

No comments:

Post a Comment