Thursday, September 5, 2013

Toot! Toot!

Can I just toot my own horn? Just this once? My blog is usually about sad things or negative things, but I would like to say something positive... I have been through two back to back pregnancies that have done a NUMBER on my body. I have been in a long depression that has not only taken a toll on my mind and heart, but also affected my body. In January of this year, I knew something had to be done. The pain and suffering I feel because of Jack is enough for me to deal with and I knew that is something I could not change. However, being unhappy with the way I looked was something that I could change. Sure the depression was a struggle and didn't help me overcome any of my battles. But I needed to be happier with myself so I went to Jenny Craig and I eventually started to work out. Since January of 2013, I have lost 38 pounds. That's almost 40 pounds! Yes I have a lot more work to go. The damn baby belly is the hardest part to get rid of especially after a C-section (don't get me started on that again...), and I would love to lose at least another 20 pounds. But I am proud of myself. I am happy to say that I did lose that much weight. I definitely feel better about myself and that makes at least that part of my life more positive. I am motivated to keep going! 20 more pounds to go and then I will at least be a lot more confident in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment