Tuesday, December 17, 2013

It's just one of those days


http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/70JPowRCOmU/maxresdefault.jpgThere are the moments when a certain song comes on, I see his name in a random place, or the breeze hits me just right. These are the moments that I get choked up and the tears start to fall. It hits me on random days; days like today. I hear lyrics that make me think of Jack and I remember the raw feelings I felt when he was taken from us. I watch students singing their Christmas songs and playing instruments and I wonder if he would be into music and dancing. I see his name in a book that I am reading to my students and I want to scream and cry because Jack doesn't get to sit on a rug in a kindergarten class and listen to his teacher read to him. I go outside the weather is beautiful and all I can think about is how much I wanted to spend those beautiful days with him. Days like today hurt. They plain hurt. And there is nothing I can do it about it. And I know that I have many morning drives filled with tears. I know that I will have many more days when I will stare at children and think of my son. I have had so much heartache. I have felt so much pain. I have had my heart ripped out and a piece taken from me. And unfortunately, I know I have many more hurtful days ahead of me because Jack is not here with us.

"Dreams, that's where I have to go
To see your beautiful face anymore
I stare at a picture of you and listen to the radio
"

No comments:

Post a Comment