Sunday, December 8, 2013

A little bit of a shock

As I had said before, I am VERY proud and honored to be a part of my family. We have a very rich history, an amazing past, and interesting stories. And my father was one of the most integral and interesting parts of that history which makes me even more proud and honored. But anyway, because of our history and lineage, my cousin has been working on our genealogy and family tree. It's an ongoing task that I think he's been doing for a while. Yesterday, I had a bit of a pleasant surprise. He messaged me asking me Jack's information in order to put it in as part of his work on our genealogy. I wrote back writing Jack's full name and his birthday. I then wrote a simple thank you. Moments like that make me happy and are touching. My cousin making sure Jack is part of the family, part of a rich history, and not forgotten moved me more than anyone could imagine. It makes me happy to know that people out there do consider him my son and do consider him worth mentioning. I love that Jack is part of my amazing family and he deserves to be included in everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment